Attorney Blomberg joined Schoonmaker, George, Colin & Blomberg P.C. (formerly Schoonmaker & George, P.C.), as an associate in 1999. She became a partner in January, 2006 and a named partner in October, 2011. She received her B.A. from University of Pennsylvania in 1994 and received her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law in 1997. Prior to joining the firm, she practiced in the matrimonial department of Tenzer, Greenblatt LLP (currently Blank Rome, LLP) in New York City, practicing family law in both New York and Connecticut.
Attorney Blomberg is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, having been inducted in October 2009, and a Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, having been inducted in February of 2011.
She is admitted to practice in the States of New York and Connecticut, as well as in the United States Supreme Court.
Attorney Blomberg is a member of the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, and the Fairfield County Bar Association. She was the Young Lawyer’s Family Law Section Chair in 1999-2000, Connecticut Bar Association, Past Co-chair of Family Law Section, Young Lawyers Executive Committee, Co-Chair of Family Law Section in 2000-2001, Fairfield County Bar Association, Past Co-Chair of Family Law Section and sat on the Board of Directors for the Fairfield County Bar Association from 2002-2004.
Attorney Blomberg continues to serve the Connecticut Superior Court as a Special Master in family cases including at the Regional Family Trial docket in Middletown where contested child custody cases are heard. Attorney Blomberg acts as a court-appointed attorney and Guardian Ad Litem for children in contested custody cases and has completed all mandatory requirements for the Guardian Ad Litem/Attorney for the Minor Child comprehensive Basic Training. She is also recognized as an AAML trained mediator.
Attorney Blomberg is a past President of the Connecticut Chapter of the Fordham University School of Law Alumni Association. Since 2004, she has sat on the Steering Committee and been actively involved with Casa Verde, Home of Hope, in Medellin, Colombia.
Attorney Blomberg was named as a Rising Star Super Lawyers Magazine (New England) in 2008 through 2012 and named A Super Lawyer in 2013 through 2017 in several top categories including Top 25 Women Connecticut Super Lawyers and Top 100 New England Super Lawyers. She received the highest rating of 10 (“Superb”) from AVVO.
- Connecticut, 1997
- New York, 1997
- United States Supreme Court, 2006
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. 1994
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D. 1997
Honors and Awards
Super Lawyer (New England) 2013 to date:*
- Top 100: New England Super Lawyers 2018
- Top 50: Women New England Super Lawyers (2017, multiple)
- Top 25: Women Connecticut Super Lawyers (2017, multiple)
- Top 100: New England Super Lawyers (2017, multiple)
- Top 50: Connecticut Super Lawyers (2017, multiple)
Rising Star (New England):
- Rising Star (New England) in 2008 through 2012*
- Selected by peers as one of the nation’s best matrimonial lawyers in “Best Lawyers in America” in 2016-2020*
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers , 2009*
- Received highest rating of 10 (“Superb”) from AVVO*
Attorney Blomberg was also honored as a “VIV Magnificent Woman” from the online magazine, VIV Mag.*
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Connecticut Chapter:
- President, 2018
- Vice President, 2016 – 2017
- Secretary, 2015 – 2016
- Treasurer, 2014 – 2015
- Board of Managers, 2010 to date
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2009 – present
- Member of the 2014 AICPA/AAML Divorce Planning Committee
- Member of the 2013 AICPA/AAML Joint Seminar Committee
- Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, 2011 to present
- Special Masters Program in the Judicial District of Stamford, Co-Chair, 2008 to present
- Connecticut Chapter of Fordham University School of Law Alumni Association, President, 2007
- American Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyers Family Law Section, Chair, 1999-2000
- Connecticut Bar Association, Past Co-chair of Family Law Section.
- Young Lawyers Executive Committee, Co-Chair of Family Law Section, 2000-2001
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Past Co-Chair of Family Law Section
- Board of Directors, 2002-2004
Presentations and Publications
- Foundation for Accounting Education New York: What every CPA should know about divorce. New York State Society of Certified Public Accounting. July 25, 2018
- The Anatomy of a Trial: Direct and Cross Examination, Connecticut Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. April 27, 2018.
- International Family Law Conference, New York: Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements. April 20, 2018
- Advanced Financial Issues Seminar, Co-Presenter with Frederic J. Siegel, Esq.: Handling Complex Equitable Distribution Cases. American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Connecticut Chapter. April 15, 2016
- Advance Technology Seminar: Technology Primer Seminar, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. April 2014
- National Conference on Divorce, Financial Disclosure: The Devil Is In The Details. American Institute of Certified Accountants/American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. April 2014
- Social Media: To Tweet Or Not To Tweet. American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. February 20, 2014
- Pleasures and Pitfalls of Collecting and Presenting Electronic Evidence. American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. March 19, 2013.
- Advanced Family Law Seminar, National Business Institute. March 14, 2013.
- An Introduction to Family Law, Connecticut Bar Association. February 16, 2011
- Top Ten Family Law Cases, Connecticut Bar Association, January 27, 2011
- What Every Non-Matrimonial Lawyer Should Know About Premarital Agreements, Trusts, Gifts & Inheritances, Withers Bergman, LLP, September, 2010
- Unconscionability: the Heart of the Premarital Agreement Act, American Journal of Family Law, Summer, 2001. Read Article
- Putting Your Cards on the Table, Connecticut Law Tribune. August, 2008
- Premarital Agreements: What Every Young (or Not So Young) Trust and Estate’s Lawyer Needs to Know, Connecticut Bar Association. March 15, 2005.
- Connecticut Family Law Citations: A Reference Guide to Connecticut Family Law Decisions by Cynthia C. George and Thomas D. Colin, Co-Editor Jill H. Blomberg (2000-2005).
- Property Distributions: The Cases We Have Known, Do Know, or Should Know, Connecticut Bar Association. March 12, 2002
- What Every Young Lawyer Needs to Know About Premarital Agreements, The Connecticut Lawyer. November, 2000
Completed all mandatory requirements for the Guardian Ad Litem/Attorney for the Minor Child comprehensive Basic Training and AAML trained mediator.