Attorney Bryniczka is a Partner/Shareholder with the Firm. He is a graduate of Wesleyan University and the University of Connecticut School of Law. While in law school, Attorney Bryniczka was an Associate Editor of the Connecticut Journal of International Law and co-founder of the UCONN Law Ice Hockey Team.
Attorney Bryniczka regularly handles complex family law matters including financial and custody/parenting issues. He has written and/or lectured on Family Law related issues such as: Property, Income and Trust Interests; Premarital Agreements; Custody and Parenting Issues; Hedge Funds/Private Equity Funds; HIPAA and Privileges; and Trial Practice Techniques. Attorney Bryniczka is certified to serve as an Attorney for the Minor Children and Guardian Ad Litem in Connecticut, and is the current President of the Greenwich Bar Association. He also will serve as a neutral Mediator to help parties amicably resolve their matters.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Speaker at Annual Year-End Dinner of Estate Planning Council of Lower Fairfield County- “Until Death do Us Part…Or Not:” Overview of Connecticut law as to what constitutes “property” for purposes of equitable distribution on divorce and how that definition applies to beneficiaries’ interests in Trusts. (December, 2016)
- Presenter on “Divorce Litigant’s Property and Trust Interests and Use of Premarital Agreements,” delivered to Bessemer Trust, Greenwich. (December, 2016)
- Presenter on “Exploring Custody, Visitation and Support Issues” at National Business Institute Seminar (August, 2016).
- Presenter on “Marriage Dissolution: Process and Procedure” and “Child Custody and Visitation Rights” at National Business Institute Seminar (March, 2016).
- Co-Presenter on HIPAA and Privilege Issues: ” Frequently Cited, Often Misused: HIPAA vs. Statutory Privilege” presented to Fairfield County Bar Association (October, 2015).
- Co-Author – “Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds: What They Are, How They Operate, How to Value and What Every Matrimonial Attorney Should Know About Them” (a three part series) in Connecticut Lawyer Magazine, June 2015. Read Article.
- Presenter on “ Advanced Child and Spousal Support Issues ” at National Business Institute Seminar (March, 2015).
- Designed and delivered presentations on Trust Interests of Divorce Litigants and Premarital Agreements to Lower Fairfield County Estate Planning Council of Lower Fairfield County and to Trust & Estates Departments of Day Pitney, LLP (October & November of 2014 and September of 2015).
- Annual Guest Lecturer at The University of Connecticut (Stamford Branch) Course (“ Legal Aspects of Family Life”) (August 28, 2014; March 23, 2015; March 28, 2016).
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member; Committee Member re: Drafting of the ABA Model Third Party Child Custody & Visitation Act.
- Co-Author of Chapter on “Trial Practice Techniques” in MCLE/New England: “A Practical Guide to Divorce in Connecticut” (Published December 27, 2013).
- Speaker, Withers Bergman, LLP Seminar: ” Planning for Same-Sex Couples after the Windsor Decision and the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)”, September 24, 2013.
- Author: “Rights, Responsibilities and Liabilities of a Stepparent,” ABA Family Advocate, pp. 26-29, Vol. 36, No. 1, Summer 2013. Read Article.
- “ Financial Divorce Settlements From Start to Finish ” – Presenter on Ethics – National Business Institute Seminar (August 2013).
- “ Overview of HIPPA for Connecticut Family Lawyers ” – Presentation to Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section (November, 2012).
- “ Top Ten Family Law Decisions ” – Panel Member presenting and discussing significant Family Law Decisions in Connecticut in a variety of categories. (Presented to Fairfield County Bar Association (March 30, 2011); Presented to the Connecticut Bar Association (January 27, 2012) (also presented/available via “Web-Cast”)).
- “ Nuts and Bolts of Connecticut Family Law ” – Presentation Greenwich Rotary Club (March, 2011).
- Author: “The HIPAA Hurdle: The If, When and How to Get Records Covered by the Act”, ABA Family Advocate , Spring, 2008. Article Re-Published in: ABA GP Solo (March 2009). Read Article.
- Editor (2005-2010) – Connecticut Family Law Citations: A Reference Guide to Connecticut Family Law Decisions (by Cynthia C. George and Thomas D. Colin).
- Service as an Attorney for the Minor Child(ren); Completed all mandatory requirements for the Connecticut Guardian Ad Litem/Attorney for the Minor Child Comprehensive Basic Training.
- Board Member – Smart Litigator Connecticut (2013-date): Board Member of Smart Litigator Connecticut, representing Family Law Practice (Smart Litigator Board Members contribute Practice Questions and Answers and answer user questions received on the Smart Litigator website in their areas of expertise. Smart Litigator is a comprehensive online state-specific research and practice solution that provides quick access to all the materials a busy litigator needs to practice effectively).
- Pending articles:
- In process of co-authoring with a Senior Trust Advisor an article regarding when and how the trust interests of divorce litigants may be considered property and/or income for purposes of dissolution of marriage action.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- New England Super Lawyer in Super Lawyers Magazine – 2014 – 2016.*
- Selected as one of Fairfield County’s “40 Under 40” for 2015 – (one of only forty Fairfield County Professionals under age 40 selected for recognition based on leadership, professional development and accomplishments).
- Selected for the Connecticut Law Tribune’s “New Leaders in the Law” in 2012 – (one of sixty Connecticut Attorneys under Age 40).
- Firm named “Matrimonial Litigation Department of the Year” by the Connecticut Law Tribune in 2013.
- New England Rising Star in Super Lawyers Magazine – 2009 – 2013.*
- Connecticut Magazine Outstanding Young Lawyers/Rising Stars – 2010.*
- Connecticut Magazine Top Young Attorneys in Connecticut – Rising Stars – 2011.*
- Connecticut Magazine Top Attorneys in Connecticut – Outstanding Young Lawyers – 2012.*
- Connecticut Magazine Top Attorneys in Connecticut – 2013 & 2014.*
- Graduate of the 24th Annual ABA Section of Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute (May, 2010).
ATTRIBUTES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Connecticut Guardian Ad Litem/Attorney for the Minor Child Comprehensive Basic Training (Completed – Spring, 2012).
- ABA Section of Family Law – Trial Advocacy Institute – Graduate of intensive seven-day advocacy course which enhances the skills and competence of trial lawyers (May, 2010).
- Special Master, Stamford/Norwalk Judicial District Family Docket (2011 to present).
- Greenwich Bar Association (2011 to present):
- President-Elect 2017-2018
- Vice President 2016-2017
- Treasurer 2015-2016
- Secretary 2014-2015
- Law Day – Senior Co-Chair 2013-2014
- Law Day – Junior Co-Chair 2012-2013
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Family Law Section (2004 to present): Past Section Co-Chair, arranged monthly CLE luncheon presentations (2006 – July, 2012).
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section (2004 to present): Participant in Drafting Committee regarding ABA Model Act for Third-Party Access (October, 2012).
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section (2004 to present).
- Connecticut, 2004.
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2005.
- University of Connecticut, School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut (Juris Doctorate received in May, 2004): Associate Editor of the Connecticut Journal of International Law. Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing Course (2002-2004). Co-Founder of UCONN Law Ice Hockey Team.
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut (Government Major, B.A. received in May, 2001): Wesleyan Golf Team (1997–2001). Beta Theta Pi Fraternity (Chapter President, January 2003–May 2004; Treasurer, September 2002–May 2003; Recipient of the John A. Decker Scholar Award, May 2000).